Thursday 26 July 2012

Spot of chess anyone?

Hello, hello, hello how is everyone today in today's post I shall be showing everyone my next project that I am working alongside Nigel and its the creation of a chess board with all the pieces etc, and I have created my first model to go onto the board, I started basic and the most common piece on a chess board and that is "The Pawn"
Real life Pawn piece made out of wood.
And now you can compare that to my rendered Pawn piece and it doesn't look too bad at all.


Now it does actually look like the cover to a twilight book which I totally forgot about I didn't even know that I put it in a way which does actually make it look like the render of the cover until I was told by a friend who likes twilight it looks just like it xD "Any authors out there that need covers made for there books *cough* *cough* I am your man!" 
Theres not much to say really about this piece other than it was pretty easy and I think it actually looks pretty sweet so its a sign I guess that I am improving and getting better at this whole 3D modelling stuff which is very very good to hear. Today I am starting the next piece which is the Bishop and is a little bit harder than the simple Pawn to model posts when its done :L I shall leave you with some test renders I did of the model trying to get a good marble texture on the Pawn choose which one is the best I would help me big time I think number 3 is the best buy hey ho.

Texture 1

Texture 2 little bit different to 1

Texture 3
Till next time.



Creative Commons License
Simple Animations by Conor Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment