Sunday 8 July 2012

Le Verre à vin "The Wine Glass"

Bonjour Mesdames et Messieurs, et bienvenue sur le blog aujourd'hui l'entrée.

I was thinking of doing most of today's entry in French for the lulz really and because it fits the subject of today's entry, in the end i settled with the first sentence and title being in French I did put the translation of title next to it because people may have been like i have no clue what a Verre à vin is so i wont read his entry or on the other hand i would attract more French readers :D
As you can tell from the title this post is all about Wineglasses well, "Why wineglasses I hear you cry". Because today i finally sat down and made my first ever 3D model and rendered it, and I am very pleased with how it came out its not 100% perfect but for a first attempt I am quite happy with it.


Please click any pictures you want to see bigger :)


Heres the first screenshot Wireframe Wineglass:


Not totally sure the finally polygon count on this bad boy, since i am new to this i don't actually know how to find this out "Forgive the Noob"


2. Clay Wineglass, normally called clay because this type of model looks like its made out of clay, "Check me out using real terms ;)"

Now you can see much better here that it doesn't look totally like a wine glass as such, it needed to be a little bit different around the top of the glass and would need to be a little longer it kinda looks like a goblet but hey ho I am still gonna call it a wineglass. 

3. Textured Wineglass

Starting to look much better, after playing around for awhile with the textures I finally found out how to create realistic looking glass which you can see in the finally render below I think it turned out really, really good :)

4. Final Render

Not bad for a first time right ? Please be nice criticize if you want just make it nice we all start somewhere, and finally below I am gonna post some other renders i did with colour changes which I did just for tests.

5. bonus coloured renders







Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment