Monday 30 July 2012

Bishops, Bishops everywhere....

Hello everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your time on this small corner of the internet :D, I come to you with new models and stuff, as you guys/girls are aware I am currently making a chess board with a full set of pieces well I learn how to rig better since its not easy -_-, but anyway I have already created the Pawn piece as you lot saw last post the finished model and a lovely marble texture after finishing that saucy model I set about doing the next piece the humble Bishop...


I knew this was gonna be harder than the pawn....
The base of the model, the main shape etc wasn't too much trouble the base was the same as the pawns base as well as the neck the different was the collar near the base of the top was where it started getting a little annoying.
The second big problem was the cut, as you can see the Bishop piece has a slit in the top, not actually sure why you chess buffs out there may know please leave a comment with le answer, now it was very hard to do this slit very hard indeed i finally found a way to do it but was left with a bit of a problem. 
Looked good until I zoomed in on the slit its self....
This was the problem that I was greeted with....


The cut had left almost a scar across the slit its self which when renders made it look pretty dam ugly, and sadly so far I haven't been able to fix this well, I did do a fix which got rid of the scaring but left me with another issue....


Bit of a bad render because its not that close and hard to see. "Took the render quickly and without a mouse so it was kinda hard to control the camera" As you can see the scaring around the slit is gone YAY!! however this fix also removed all the detail of the model so now its pretty undetailed  and low poly, useful for a low game feature, not useful for when its on its own and people are viewing it and.... judging it :( hopefully soon I will have a fix which will get rid of the scaring but allow the model to keep its detail if not then the shape is gonna have to be scared.

Till next time.






Creative Commons License
Simple Animations by Conor Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment