Thursday 13 December 2012

Glass.....Again....

Hello there ;) welcome back.

You people that have been reading for awhile now may remember this render....


I posted it ages ago now and it was in titled my "Nailed" glass effect, and it was an effect that I worked long and hard on when I first started to try and get awesome looking glass, and I totally thought it was perfect that was until we did a glass assignment in college and I was in the mood to make my glass coloured, as I normally only create this plan glass you see above.

Heres where the problems started, I dug out my old glass effect file on my laptop and got to work remaking the effect however this time I wanted to add a splash of colour to the plain glass. I wasn't sure how to do so I played around with the basic colour settings but was slightly disappointed when I was treated to a glass material that looked like this...


For some reason the colour changed to the glow of the glass.... Safe to say I wasn't too pleased :L And I say glow but its not really a glow, its kind of the light shine on the glass but that's going off topic it wasn't what I wanted >.<

The annoying part is about to come....

It took me half an hour to get the effect I wanted.... All I had to do was change one setting under the transparency setting....


Turns out the filter setting controls colour, turning it up and down selects how much colour is let into the glass, after a small victory dance I rendered out the same scene but with the coloured glass effect and it looked pretty good :D



The other objects are things I am working on for a assignment in college, and on a side note I have tried long and hard but for some reason I just cant make those cups again, I have tried all sorts of modelling techniques but I just cant do it xD I have no clue why at all those cups weren't that hard to make anyway they are just made from circles, maybe its because they took me such little time to make the first time I didn't bother to remember how to do it :L

And time to end with some bad news.....

My laptop is finally one deaths door....

Now I know this is nothing new, I normally talk about how dead my laptop is but sadly now its impacting my 3D Art. Blender causes the laptop to lag big time even when its not doing anything hard in Blender, just moving the default cube around causes massive lag... :(

Of course this is a problem as I am having to do a lot of my 3D work on the colleges computers which me slower uploads :(

BUT!

Its not all bad news, for christmas I have asked for a brand new "Sexy" laptop which means I will be back and hopefully the nice new laptop will let me do things I could never do with this one :D

Till next time.





Creative Commons License
Simple Animations by Conor Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment