Thursday 6 December 2012

Having a smashing time!

Hello there, firstly I am trying to get a load of new posts out this month think of it as my gift to you guys/gals ^_^. 

Finally got down to playing around with the Cell Fracture add-on introduced in Blender version 2.64, I had a slight go with it when I downloaded the 2.64 beta 
but gave up as the menu that pops up when you first use Cell Fracturing seemed a little scary at first, there's quite a few buttons and settings that can be clicked and changed and because of my rubbish laptop I didn't want to accidently set anything to high and blue screen the poor old thing.


See it scared me a little bit D:

It was only when I started seeing these really cool videos on YouTube that I decided I need to try out Cell Fracturing because its awesome :D



So I set out and sadly my first one I created was rubbish as it just broke a big cube up into little ones, which isn't to bad if that's the effect your going for however I was trying to get a smashed cube not really a split one you can see my first attempt below.

 

I then realised If I want it to crack better I need a more complex model so I ventured to Blend Swap to see if I could find a tea cup model and luckily I found a very nice simple one created by Jonas Becker and its totally cool to use it anyway I want to as long as I give him credit so heres your credit good sir for making a wonderful tea cup you have saved me sometime :)

Anyway I have the tea cup a very nice shade of blue put it into the game engine because that has physics already built into it and recorded the animation this is what I was left with the end and I think its pretty epic! 

Note just like before Blogger always makes videos look like rubbish on here due to resolution so don't worry, however it does look pretty cool on my screen.



And finally I got some still renders as well which look pretty nice the last one I am using as a wallpaper at the moment because I rendered it at a higher resolution than normal.







Till Next time

Resources used:http://mango.blender.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/cell_fracture_screenshot.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp7PJoDxraU

And the Cup model taken from BlendSwap and used correctly under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license  
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/misc-objects/dual-cup/





Creative Commons License
Simple Animations by Conor Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment