Sunday 21 October 2012

Pumpkins part 2!

Hello people of the interwebs, sorry for the lateness of this post I have been busy with College work "That's the non EPQ stuff ;)" and sorting out University's because I will be applying very soon and its always good to be ahead.

Anyway at the end of the last post I talked about my Pumpkin model, which by the way I am still very pleased with after creating it I then decided to create a patch of pumpkins which wasn't to hard, the real problems came with trying to edit them, because as you may know from other posts I complain about my laptop a lot and this was another one of those situations I couldn't do too much as my laptop just wouldn't have it, all of the high quality models on the screen just made my laptop slow to crawl basically a snail stuck in tar would have moved faster than my laptop when it was processing all of those pumpkins!


Anyway so how did I do it well, as you are going to see from the renders coming up most of Pumpkins are different shapes, this was easy to do basically I took the first Pumpkin I made, copied it twice then edited the copy's slightly making some big some small, twisting them in different directions so the patch did not look the same. Because lets face it have you ever seen two pumpkins that look totally the same?

Here are the 3 pumpkins including the original one I made.




I then adapted the scene I had in the first place and added a particles system to the plane, adding the three pumpkins to a group allowed me to make them the particles in the particle system, so instead of emitting normal particles the plane now emitted the pumpkins!! Adding random also spaced them around to stop all the same pumpkins hanging out together so I could get a more real feel.

And unlike the lone pumpkin I did its much easy to see the bumpy texture on these guys, heres the renders I took a few of the first ones are tests ones, I was trying to find a good position for the camera please enjoy :D 







Till next time.





Creative Commons License
Simple Animations by Conor Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment