Thursday 20 September 2012

Take us to your master!

Hello citizens of the world, back to on topic posts after we went a bit off topic last time with that Oddworld Book, however it was a good off topic and kind of important as it was to do with art and 3D art. Anyway I started getting some concepts together for what my final big model could be for my EPQ the model that I would rig up and try to animate which I would hand in along with all my other little models which I am now calling to keep the marker and my EPQ teacher happy "In game assets"




One concept I had for my final model was a cartoon style human,but kind of a dark cartoon style human like Tim Burtion style cartoony.



Like the above picture, dark cartoony style but sadly as most of my models go I mess them up and they end up becoming something else and its just what here as well. At first I wasn't sure if I should keep what I made and work with it or scrap it and keep trying for this look and still now I am not to sure what to do hell I may even start from the top but just keep this one because it does look interesting.

Take a look at the alien...


The whole thing kind of went wrong when I went to create the eyes for the model instead of coming out as big circles where I could create big eye balls for him to give him that kind of dark look, the eyes came out like that slits kind of like alien eyes it was one of those times were something has gone wrong but your not sure if it going wrong has actually caused something better to be made.
I have got some higher poly renders which I will put towards the end, now after causing this thing to happen I decided to roll with it and created the neck and tops of its shoulders heres when I ran into the issue its gonna be pretty hard to create anything from this head as it seems nothing sizes up correctly with the head and with my should I say "Current skill set" seems impossible to do anything with it that even looks good... :(

So this is were I am stuck should I try and make things work this visitor from a galaxy far far away!! Or make something new hmm the only thing I know is that I would like to create some kind of human/alien any humanoid type thing because I want to rig it and then give it a basic walk cycle.

I have also been looking at some pretty amazing custom rig systems some people have made with blender that are totally free to use and I am thinking about trying out take a lookie.

Take a walk
Above is the Norman rig a basic model but a advanced rig system that is free to use and customize to your hearts content and is used to teach people how to do basic walk cycles, jumping animations and all sorts so its a powerful rig for the budding animator and would help greatly when it comes to learning how to animate full models :)


Heres the Alien dude renders:







Till next time.



Creative Commons License
Simple Animations by Conor Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment