Friday 21 December 2012

Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto

Hello everyone, not that many days now till christmas and hopefully that nice new laptop :D, heres a little update and as you can tell from the title its about a robot!

For some reason I really like 3D models or 3D sculpts of robots/mechas/cyborgs etc, its most likely because I love the sci-fi setting. But anyway, this was made for one of our projects during the 3D modelling section of my games design course, the project was to create a vehicle however a few people started creating robots and since I didn't really want to create a vehicle I also made a robot I started searching for some cool robot concepts I could work from and found this cool one on Google.



A nice simple robot, its a very nice bit of concept art I found its clear and I really enjoyed box modelling from it.

It took maybe two hours from start to finish  taking into account I did it in college so I was talking to friends and that at the same time heres what I came up with :D



I also adapted the model when I made it, the concept shows the robot has a small wheel, however I didn't really want to create a wheel so I made a jet type thing so the robot could hover or float to places.


Heres another render showing the different sides of the bot.



Sorry the lighting is a bit off it hurt my laptop to even render that out so I couldn't line it all up correctly.

And finally heres the final render complete with some sexy indirect lighting causing the robots eyes to glow enjoy :D



I am very pleased with the final render :D

Now then thats it for this post, I think my next post will be christmas eve I guess because I am working at the weekend I wont have time to post then so see everyone christmas eve :D

Till next time.






Creative Commons License
Simple Animations by Conor Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment